Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, contact us with the details.
What Will Happen Next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within three working days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within three working days of receiving your complaint.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
- We will pass your complaint to Virginia Harrop, our client care partner, within 3 working days (or if the complaint concerns Mrs Harrop, to Peter Harrop).
- She will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within 5 working days.
- She will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file. And, if necessary, she may also speak to them. This will take up to 3 working days from receiving their reply and the file.
- Virginia Harrop will then invite you to a meeting and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. The meeting will be arranged as soon as practicable.
- Within 3 working days of the meeting Virginia Harrop will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Virginia Harrop will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include her suggestions for resolving the matter. She will do this within 5 working days of completing the investigation.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you should contact us again. We will then arrange for another partner of the firm to review our decision.
- We will let you know the result of the review within 5 working days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- We will give you the contact details of the Law Society’s Local Conciliation Officer. If you do not wish to involve the Local Conciliation Officer, or if his involvement does not resolve the matter, we will give you the name and address of the SRA Complaints Service and / or the Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint.